18 February 2010

In Search of the Perfect Handbag...

I am picky. 

I usually tend to not like many purses. 

I came to realize about a year ago that there are a few criteria that must be met in order to have the perfect handbag:

SOFT.

SOFT, SUPPLE, BROWN LEATHER or EASY TO CLEAN FABRICS

NO METAL RINGS OR STUDS.

NO GAWDY BAUBLES. (those are two weird words.)


Just so you know what I'm talking about, I'll show a few right and wrong examples...

1.  Embellishments


NOT OK (for the love of all that is good, not OKAY!):


This takes that "woman who puts all the stuffed animals in the back window of the car" to a whole new level.

OK:



Subtle, tasteful, and the perfect shades for this lovely bag. 



2.  Ruffles


NOT OK:



"Hefty...now for Dolce & Gabbana"

OK:



Perfect.  Just...perfect. Find it here


3.  Shape


NOT OK:



Sweet baby Ray, the idea of digging around for my chapstick in that makes me....it just....hhhhh.

OK:



Anthro's (of course) Winter Aconite Tote.  Yes please!


4.  Color

NOT EVEN MODERATELY ACCEPTABLE:



$2,270.00....'NUFF SAID.


OK:


This lil' beaut is available for sale HERE on Etsy..
 
 
Anyway.....
 
 
Someday......
 
 
I'll find that perfect bag.








8 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute post. And it gave me a serious d'oh moment. I never thought about looking for purses on ETSY! Thanks a lot! There goes another hour of my day...sigh...

Marie said...

You made me laugh! I am picky about bags too, not that you could tell with the number of purses stuffed into my closet. I don't love everything at Dooney and Bourke but they are my fave because they have classics everytime mixed in with those crazy it bags. And of course.... vintage- a great vintage purse is the bomb.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Yes...I also am very PICKY when it comes to bags. You and I have the same taste. :) Thanks for sharing!

Smiles,
Rachel

Samantha2818 said...

I love bags. I also love the same ones you do. I have a big brown sloppy one for work which holds all my rubbish that I have to carry around with me - a bit like the brown one you like. I have loads of others cos you can never have too many bags! Or shoes! Also another reason I buy so many bags is that since I've had my kids I'm now the size of a cow and hate spending money on clothes/tents so more money for the bag fund!

Martha said...

It is hard to find the right bag...I just ordered the one from Jeanne this week and can't wait:) Love your process of showing us the hand bags though...very fun!

Home Sweet Seattle said...

Oh I am just cracking UP!!! Love this post. And great meeting you!! Thanks for visiting & following my blog~ I hope you win... and I didn't see the clutch I'm giving away on the "don't" list, so we're cool. I'm going to follow you! Can't wait to read on.

Jen @ www.homesweetseattle.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I am also VERY picky and have a closet full of bags that did not pass the test, haha! I love leather, soft, big, baggy, able to sling over my shoulder, plain, silver zipper and so on. Found two Ebay sellers that have exactly what I was looking for AND at a great price:
http://myworld.ebay.com/coolcoolshopping/
http://myworld.ebay.com/vc-beads/
Enjoy!
Blessings,
Lisa

Anita said...

I am normally the black purse girl and last year, I went to a green one. And now, that ruffle white one is too cute.